So either you have ended up here by:
- You have joined the Executive Committee - and been sent a link
- Looking around our website
If Option 1: Welcome and continue to read the information below.
If Option 2: Continue your interest and send us your details - Adult Supporter Enquiry
The welcome and induction of our adult volunteers is very important to us and we really want to make sure that you settle in quickly and are happy in your new role.
Whilst you are working your way through our adult appointment process your volunteer line manager (usually Chairman) will ensure that you receive the information you need to help you in your role. This will help you meet the people you need to know, understand how things work locally and know where to go for support and information.
Here is some Key Documents as an Introduction
- Initially what is your Role? You have probably joined as a Group Executive Supporter
- However you may have joined as one of the following role:
- Young People First – Safeguarding: a code of practice
A small yellow card which details The Scout Association’s Child Protection Policy. All adults working in Scouting must have a copy.
- The Adventure Starts here
An overview of our key policies to help you in your new role.
- Training Module
As a member of the Executive Committee you are required to do Module 1 of the Scout Training Toolkit. Click link here.
Note: An amount of information has been reused from Greater London South County Scouts, so there may be a few random references I have missed.